It has been sometime since I’ve blogged here. I am going to make an effort to blog several times a week if not everyday . I like to journal. Im a sharey type of gal. So to start out the new year post, I posted a picture of how beautiful nature can be: frost on the window of my guys truck.
We are still trying to buy the house. Couldnt get a first time buyers loan because of my credit history a couple years ago. Even though Ive got great credit now and nothing on my report. So they are doing a conventional loan. Waiting to hear back from that. At this point, we are at the “dont-give-a-fuck-anymore” stage of all this. Buying a home and the whole process is soul crushing.
So the lottery is at an amazing high. I may go spend a few bucks and buy a couple tickets. Cant hurt. If for some reason if I win, I can go buy a chunk of land and build our dream home and his dream workshop. But what are the chances…something like 1 in a million at least. Right? Better chance at getting attacked and killed by a shark. Ahh well, Ill spend four bucks and hope for the best.
I made a resolution in 2016 I am going to focus on me. Projects, health, happiness. I will complete the few projects I have promised people and those straggling christmas presents I didnt get done and the rest will be for me and my family. Its high time I focus on myself…as many have told me. I dont make resolutions normally..like “oh Ill lose 50 pounds before summer” because I know I suck at meeting deadlines like that. So, I have resolved to make me the focus. No set terms or goals..just..do what I want..try to be healthier and learn to love myself.
I have a list of things I want to do craft wise over the coming year, within the sca. A bucket list of sorts:
1. Sign up for an overnight security shift at Pennsic (I’ve mentioned this one before)
2. Learn to make lamp-work beads for my viking. (i have the set up thanks to the menfolk’s Christmas gift)
3. Tablet weaving
4. Learn how to make mead with the 10 pounds of raw honey I have
5. Become competent in the last categories I am not ranked in within Athena’s Thimble (Lacis, Needlelace, Openwork & Smocking).
6. Give fencing a try (heavy list i think is too much for my back) and also Archery (I need better arrows, have bow and quiver already)
7. Do more heralding (apparently, I know how to project…who knew!!!)
8. Make more garb for myself that is embroidered (I currently only own 1 thing with my embroidery)
9. More socks..of course. (They’re like potato chips, ya know?!)
10. Make more embroidered hand made books. Especially one for myself. That will happen first.
11. Take at least one picture every day and try to always learn a little more about my camera and a better way to take a photo.
This list will be ongoing of course. Right now Im on the “finish up the straggler christmas presents”. Thankfully the ones for friends I can pass out at 12th night next weekend. SCA Christmas. LOL! Im covered!
Well, back to work. Faithful readers (if there are any, hahaha) I will promise to post more frequently. Maybe even a couple times a day.